The entire program and organization of United Methodist Women focuses on mission. Our mission initiatives include:
- Providing opportunities to grow spiritually
- Equipping women & girls to be leaders
- Providing transformative educational experiences
- Organizing for growth & flexibility
- Working for justice through service and advocacy
Focus on Women, Children & Youth
From its beginning, United Methodist Women has focused on ministries with women, children, and youth.
Below you may read about the mission work we are doing. If you would like to help in any of these please think of becoming a member by contacting our Member Nurture & Outreach team member.
The Center was formed by the United Methodist Women to help meet some of the needs of the community in the Montopolis area of Austin. Volunteers are always welcome. See the MFCC website for details and get involved! This year, MFCC will celebrate 65 years of mission.
- Pre-K Classes 4 days a week
- Sales Room – open on 1st and 3rd Saturday mornings of the month
- Senior Activities Project – social activities on the 2nd and 3rd Friday mornings of the month
- Layettes Project
- Building Use available for community events
- Miles Scholarship Fund
Southside Community Center is a mission supported by United Methodist Women. It helps local people in need, provides shelter and meals, and has an active volunteer program.
- Homeless Shelter – Families with children can stay overnight
- Railroad Ministry – worship every Thursday night.
- Thrift Store
- Summer Work Camp
- Specific Assistance Program by application
- Annual Thanksgiving Dinner
In 2013, Austin District United Methodist Women joined the Justice for Our Neighbors initiative in the Austin District geographical area, as a district-wide love in action mission. The JFON program was developed by the General Board of Global Ministries in 1999 as part of a nationwide outreach project. There are currently four JFON offices in Texas. The offices provide to low income immigrants free, high-quality immigration legal services, education, and advocacy.
Specific ways of support through your prayers, your presence, your gifts and your service will be made available soon.